- About Puranpur
The UBA team, formed in the month of August, 2017, conducted a survey on August 13, 2017 to understand the village and its people thoroughly with the help of the team members of other villages. The survey was conducted on August 13, 2017, with the student team visiting 120 different households in the village. Efforts were made to reach every part of the village and have as diverse a survey as possible, to negate any bias towards any community or group of people.
The analysis of the survey threw up some very interesting data:
- All people had a roof on their heads and most of the households had toilets, a rarity, as far as Indian villages go.
- Many people were not aware of water conservation techniques.
- Main source of Drinking water is Tube well.
- The electricity connection is quite stable, with most of the areas receiving electricity at least 20-21 hrs/day.
- The nearest Hospital is in Bahadarabad.
- The nearest Bank is Punjab National Bank in Puranpur.
- Most of the people have Aadhar Card, Voter ID (if eligible), and Ration Card.
- ITC has constructed toilets in the village through Corporate social responsibility while many toilets under Nirmal Bhaarat Abhiyaan (a scheme under which subsidy is given to the people in construction of the toilets) are left unconstructed.
- There are three self help groups in the village. A self-help group (SHG) is a village-based financial intermediary committee usually composed of 10–20 local women or men. A mixed group is generally not preferred. Most self-help groups are located in India, though SHGs can be found in other countries, especially in South Asia and Southeast Asia.
While speaking with the villagers, the team also found some common problems:
- Water from most of the hand pumps in the village turns yellow after 15 minutes.
- There is no Waste Disposal system in the village and during rainy seasons there is an overflow of water on roads. Main reason for the pollution of ground water is dumping of waste near water sources.
- Drainage, Drinking water and Street lights are the major problems in the village.
Solar Ambassador WorkshopOctober 13, 2019 25 solar lamps built by village students and distributed.For More Details
Land Use Map & Satellite Map
Mapped data of land use and area of the village.
Puranpur | October 10, 2018Cattle Vaccination Drive
Vaccinated over 470 cattle for FMD in village Puranpur.
Puranpur | February 3, 2018Gram Sabha Participation
Participated in Gram Sabha to learn about the problems the villagers face.
Puranpur | February 2, 2018ICT Initiative
Taught basics of computer, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Paint and Web Browsing.
Puranpur | January 26, 2019iNSPIRE
Organized a drawing competition, a quizzing event, and fun races for primary school students.
Puranpur | March 3, 2019Science Exhibition at IITR
Organized a science exhibition in Srishti'19 by the students of village Puranpur.